Monday, June 15, 2015

Favorite Things About Summertime

What are some of your favorite things about summertime? I love watermelon with salt, sunshine, sitting on the porch, a fresh glass of lemonade (check out my recipe below)...it always seems like it's the simple things that make summer special. Nothing expensive. A popscicle, a starry night, a dip in the water to cool off. The slower pace of life. As a teacher, I am blessed to have summers off. Wow! An entire season to ponder, to collect, to just be. It always goes so fast! Life goes by so fast, doesn't it? I want to savor it, every small moment. Sometime I get bored, and then I think, wait. Boredom is good! It means life is going at a slow pace. Savor it. When we're in a hurry we don't always have time to savor the simple blessings of everyday life. So sit on the porch with a glass of lemonade or a slice of juicy watermelon. Watch the clouds. Feel the warmth on your skin. For that is what really makes summertime so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment